Certified in Bakery Products
This course is a study of the fundamentals of baking including, dough, quick breads, pies, cakes, cookies, tarts and basic items made in a bakery. Topics include baking terminology, tool and equipment use, formula conversions, functions of ingredients, and the use of proper flours.
What Will I Learn?
- Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Knowledge Based:
- Identify and explain baking terms, ingredients, equipment and tools.
- Employ safe food handling practices using contemporary guidelines
- Skill Based:
- Scale and measure ingredients.
- Prepare yeast dough, quick breads, pies, cookies, cakes, icing, pate choux, and savory baking.
- Produce baked products using commercial ingredients and equipment.