Certified in Community Journalism
All stories of Journalism contain some relation to political, economic, behavioural and social issues in our communities. This course is designed to immerse students in current events, which they will be required to place in a broader social context. This course will explain the differences and similarities of community journalism with other type of journalism like Civic, Development, Citizen and Advocacy Journalism.
What Will I Learn?
- At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a deeper and analytical understanding of the issues which their or other communities are facing
- Write professionally about various events and situation of their communities
- Reconnect with the public
- Appreciating the role of diversity in the community
- Understanding the dynamics of a community or agency
- Appreciating your role as a participant in civic life
- Understanding the norms of a professional community journalist