Certified in Visual Programming
Learning to program offers the student an invaluable opportunity to develop problem-solving skills. A solid understanding and application of computational thinking and the technologies used in computer science is essential to the development of new ideas as a citizen of the 21st century. This is designed to be an introductory computer programming course using the language Visual Basic. No prior programming experience is required or assumed. The rules of syntax as well as the basic principles of algorithm development will be covered
What Will I Learn?
- This Identify and use the features of a Visual Basic (VB) development environment.
- Use the properties and methods of forms and controls to create VB programs.
- Write procedures to perform input, processing, and output.
- Locate, resolve, and handle various types of programming errors.
- Declare and use variables of different data types in a VB program.
- Write statements that use various mathematical operators.
- Create programs that use decisions and repetition.
- Write code to access text files.
- Create functions and procedures to modularize code.
- * Design a Windows application user interface.