This topic introduces to business management. It explains what a business is and what businesses do. It outlines the main business functions and explains the different sectors of industry. Entrepreneurship and the reasons for setting up a business are examined.
What Will You Learn?
- The primary objective of this course is to inform the student of the nature and importance of small business in our society. We also wish to enlighten the student as to opportunities and risks inherent in small businesses. This course will provide a student with the following:
- Small business management strategies
- essential management skills
- how to prepare a business plan
- Financial needs and access to resources – information – general and financial
- Marketing strategies
- legal issues.
ROLE OF THE ENTREPRENEUR