This course will provide an understanding and application of quantitative (Financial) and qualitative (Enterprise) methods of analyzing and managing risk within organizations. Learn to apply multiple risk management tools to make high quality decisions for balancing corporate risk and reward tradeoffs.
Financial risk topics will include the examination of derivative application uses for hedging risk, measuring Value at Risk and exploring external impacts such as market, credit and systemic risks.
Enterprise risk topics will include constructing frameworks for managing strategic, operational and outsourcing of business risks. Students will examine ways to assess and measure risk along with organizing corporate governance policies.
What Will You Learn?
- The goal of this course is to provide students a general overview of the risks business face and equip them with a set of frameworks and methodologies for assessing and mitigating these risks. Application and discussion of the risk management practice is critical to develop understanding of risk parameters and developing decision making skills. The course will provide students:
- Overall understanding of the role risk plays in managing corporate performance
- Uses financial derivatives to hedge portfolio/corporate risk
- Identify and analyze risks faced by an entity and dissect real business cases requiring use of corporate governance, operational and reputational risk management techniques
- Application of Risk Frameworks to an organization
About the instructor
Chapter 1: Definitions of Risk – Financial & Enterprise
Chapter 2: Financial Risk for Corporations
Chapter 3: Interest Rate and Credit Risk
Chapter 4: Financial Risk Applications for assessing clients and capital uses
Chapter 5: Financial Risk Tools
Chapter 6: Measuring Risk • Value at Risk
Chapter 7: Managing Financial Risk and the Regulatory Environment
Chapter 8: Systemic Risk & Risk in Crisis, ERM Definitions & Introductions, Strategic Planning and Frameworks
Chapter 9: Organizing, Managing, and Governing the Risk Management Function, KRI/Policies the role of the CRO
Course Related Books