Although there are similarities between hotels and other commercial property developments the hotel development process has unique and very specific characteristics. From extensive involvement, reading and researching property development over the last twenty years, various property development processes were observed.
What clearly transpired in practice, from reading and research was the total absence of a hotel development framework. The total absence of a hotel development framework served as motivation to establishing a comprehensive and definitive hotel property development framework, which included critical success factors and components for hotel developments.
What Will You Learn?
- Explain the range of hotels in operation and their management policies.
- For a successful career in the Hotel Management industry, you must:
- understand the nature and structure of the hospitality industry
- be aware of the contemporary issues relevant to the industry
- Develop generic business skills that are required in today’s business environment (e.g.
- Communication, management, marketing, planning)
Introductions to Hotel Development
Hotel Marketing Mix