The development of human resources is essential for any organization that would like to be dynamic and growth-oriented. Unlike other resources, human resources have rather unlimited potential capabilities.
The potential can be used only by creating a climate that can continuously identify, bring to the surface, nurture and use the capabilities of people. The human Resource Development (HRD) system aims at creating such a climate.
A number of HRD techniques have been developed in recent years to perform the above task based on certain principles. This unit provides an understanding of the concept of the HRD system, related mechanisms and the changing boundaries of HRD.
What Will You Learn?
- Human resource development now a days is considered as the key to higher productivity, better relations and greater profitability for any organization. Appropriate HRD provides unlimited benefits to the concerned organization. Some of the important benefits are being given here:
- HRD (Human Resource Development) makes people more competent. HRD develops new skill, knowledge and attitude of the people in the concern organizations.
- With appropriate HRD programmer, people become more committed to their jobs. People are assessed on the basis of their performance by having a acceptable performance appraisal system.
- An environment of trust and respect can be created with the help of human resource development.
- Acceptability toward change can be created with the help of HRD. Employees found themselves better equipped with problem-solving capabilities.
- It improves the all round growth of the employees. HRD also improves team spirit in the organization. They become more open in their behavior. Thus, new values can be generated.
- It also helps to create the efficiency culture In the organization. It leads to greater organizational effectiveness. Resources are properly utilized and goals are achieved in a better way.
- It improves the participation of worker in the organization. This improves the role of worker and workers feel a sense of pride and achievement while performing their jobs.
- It also helps to collect useful and objective data on employee’s programmers and policies which further facilitate better human resource planning.
- Hence, it can be concluded that HRD provides a lot of benefits in every organization. So, the importance of concept of HRD should be recognized and given a place of eminence, to face the present and future challenges in the organization.
About the instructor
Introduction to Human Resource Development
Training Needs Assessment
Learning and HRD
Training Program Design
Evaluating HRD Programs
Special issues in training and development