This course introduces students to the profession of audiology and provides an overview of auditory function and the basic principles of audiologic assessment.
What Will You Learn?
- Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the physical and psychological properties of sound
- Recall basic anatomy and physiology of the auditory system
- Identify basic diagnostic and screening procedures of the auditory mechanism
- Perform basic audiometric tests in a virtual environment
- Interpret basic audiometric test findings
- Identify site-of-lesion and specialty tests in audiology
- Recognize common auditory (and related) disorders
- Discuss basic approaches to managing auditory (and related) disorders
Basic human communication and swallowing processes:
Nature of speech, language, hearing, and communication
Principles and methods of prevention, assessment, and Intervention
Student Ratings & Reviews
No Review Yet