A post-graduate student in Oto-Rhino-Laryngology (ENT) should be able to diagnose and treat efficiently and ethically the common Ear, Nose and Throat related illness seen in community. In addition, he/she should recognize and properly manage basic medical diseases and all kinds of diseases related to Ear, Nose, Throat, Head and Neck. He/she should be aware of all the recent advances and on-going studies pertaining to his/her specialty as well as the national programmes involving the specialty of E.N.T. He/ she should contribute to the community by training and implementing the preventive measures for certain diseases under his specialty. The PG student should be competent enough to teach medical and paramedical students skilfully to make them understand the subject and conduct research work.
What Will You Learn?
- At the end of three years of post-graduate training, the student should have:
- Fair knowledge about the basic medical ailments related to specialty. • Practice their profession efficiently and ethically.
- Develop skills to maintain rapport with the patients.
- Take part in National health programs and take active role in prevention and rehabilitation of ENT related diseases.
- Develop basic teaching skills and be competent enough to work as a junior level teacher in educational institutes.
About the instructor
Core generic knowledge & skills
Advances in ENT
Ear & nose emergencies
ENT emergencies in children
The role of the ENT specialist speech & Language Therapist
Clinical Practice in ENT